- How do I find out about available internships?
- I have an internship. Can I get course credit for it?
- What are the prerequisites for Psychology 3191?
- What is the time commitment for Psychology 3191?
- I have an internship. How do I enroll in Psychology 3191?
- See where our psychology undergraduate students have interned on our Psychology Major Internship List
- Attend the Psychology Department’s Career, Internship, and Graduate School Fair
- Check out these other campus and regional resources for a broader list of potential internship sites:
- Join Handshake to view a database of current employment and internship postings geared toward Arts and Sciences majors
- Check out the psychology-specific Handshake Job Board which pulls psychology internships and jobs from the broader Handshake universe
- Attend an OSU Career Fair
- Visit Ohio Means Internships
Yes! Psychology 3191, Internship in Psychology, is an online course that accompanies a psychology-related internship experience. This is a distance-learning course and all assignments will be on Carmen. Psych 3191 is graded Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory. This course is only offered spring and summer semesters.
- Psych 1100
- Psychology major or minor
- Internship must relate to psychology (paid or unpaid)
- Internship must promote skill development and hands-on learning
- Internship must be supervised
- Internship supervisor must evaluate your performance at the internship site, document the hours that you work at the internship, and complete an internship evaluation form.
- Psych 3191 must be taken in the same term as you are working at the internship. Retroactive credit is not permitted (e.g., if you completed an internship last year, you cannot enroll in Psych 3191 now).
- Up to 3 credit hours of Psych 3191 can count toward your psychology degree. Psych 3191 is repeatable to a maximum of 5 semesters or 15 credit hours. All Psych 3191 credit hours taken will count toward Upper Division hours and your total degree hours.
- Enrollment hours are based on the hours that you will work at your internship this term (at least 37.5 hours per credit hour):
- 1 credit hour of Psych 3191 = 38-74 hours at your internship (approx.. 3-5 hrs/wk in a semester)
- 2 credit hours of Psych 3191 = 75-112 hours at your internship
- 3 credit hours of Psych 3191 = 113-149 hours at your internship
- 4 credit hours of Psych 3191 = 150-187 hours at your internship
- 5 credit hours of Psych 3191 = 188-224 hours at your internship
Psychology 3191 is offered in spring and summer semester only.
Enrollment is by instructor permission only. Once you have your internship secured, download the Enrollment Form. Once you fill out the Enrollment Form [pdf], submit it to the instructor by one of the following methods:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Drop off or mail to the Psychology Advising Office: 15 Psychology Building, 1835 Neil Ave. Columbus, OH 43210
Once the instructor has received your Enrollment Form, she will email you with further instructions. This form must be turned in by the first Friday of the semester.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to .pdf files. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact email@example.com.