How to Declare a Psychology Major
To declare a major in psychology, you will need to view our online major information modules on Carmen. To get access to view the modules, please email email@example.com, making sure to include your first and last name and your OSU name.#.
You will get a response within 48 business hours that you have been added to the course in Carmen with login instructions.
In the online major information modules, you will learn:
- The courses you can take to complete the psychology major
- The differences between the BS and BA degrees in psychology
- Career possibilities with a degree in psychology
- The many opportunities and resources available to you in the Department of Psychology
- When, why, and how to see your Psychology Academic Advisor
At the end of the modules, you will take a 5 question quiz, which you must pass to declare the psychology major.
Please make sure to fill out the survey at the end of the quiz. This survey will send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you have finished the modules. After we receive this email, we will set up your advising appointment.
You must meet with a Psychology Academic Advisor to officially declare a psychology major.